Super Eagles forward, Paul Onuachu, has emerged the Belgium Super League golden shoe winner following his stellar performance for KRC Genk.
The Nigerian international becomes the third Racing Genk player in the history of the club to win the prestigious award after Branko Strupar and Wesley Sonck.
Onuachu who was supposed to be in Nigeria’s squad for the 33rd edition of the African Cup of Nations but missed out due to injury witnessed his best performance in the Jupiler league last season as he netted 34 goals.
He secured 61 points to beat his closest challengers Noa Lang and Charles De Ketelaere.
1. Paul Onuachu (Racing Genk) 333
2. Noa Lang (Club Brugge) 272
3. Charles De Ketelaere (Club Brugge) 271
4. Deniz Undav (Union) 234
5. Junya Ito (Racing Genk) 129
6. Hans Vanaken (Club Bruges) 114
7. Dante Vanzeir (Union) 98
8. Sergio Gomez (Anderlecht) 43
9. Lukas Nmecha (Anderlecht) 42
10. Tarik Tissoudali (AA Gent) , Théo Bongonda (Racing Genk) 36
This article was updated 9 months ago