Monday, February 26, 2024
HomeLa LigaLaliga Star Franck Kessie Joins Al-Ahli in Saudi Pro League Switch

Laliga Star Franck Kessie Joins Al-Ahli in Saudi Pro League Switch

Franck Kessie, a star player from Barcelona, has made a move to the Saudi Pro League team Al-Ahli, as confirmed by the Laliga club on Wednesday.

Al-Ahli will be paying 12.5 million euros for the 26-year-old midfielder, who had previously joined Barca from AC Milan in 2022.

Despite his talent, Kessie struggled to secure a spot in Xavi’s starting lineup.

In addition to Kessie, Al-Ahli has also signed other notable European-based players such as Riyad Mahrez, Roberto Firmino, goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, and Alain Saint-Maximin.

The Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF) has recently announced a Sports Clubs Investment and Privatization Project, which involves the league champions Al-Ittihad, Al-Ahli, Al-Nassr, and Al-Hilal.

PIF owns 75% of each of these four clubs, while their respective non-profit foundations own the remaining 25%.

This article was updated 1 month ago

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular