Spanish giant Barcelona are reportedly pursuing the signing of Manchester City forward Ferran Torres.
The 21 year old is currently going through rehabilitation on a foot injury sustained last month, and would be expected to cost the Catalan double of what City paid to Valencia last year.
Torres is said to fancy a move to Barcelona after limited starts prior to his injury, and interestingly Barcelona’s chief executive Ferran Reverter and director of football Mateu Alemany visited City’s training base on Friday.
While Barcelona are still going through financial difficulties, they are also said to be interested in bringing Raheem Sterling to Nou Camp.
The Barcelona hierarchy are trying to build the team into a side that can compete with top clubs across Europe, with Xavi Hernandez back at the club convincing Ferran Torres could come easy for the Catalan.
This article was updated 7 months ago